Vestiges of Chaos
Character Details (required)
1) Please provide a physical description of your PC.
2) What is your PCs Absolute Age? (Remember, since time flows differently in different shadows, a PC can have been born 1000 years ago Amber time, and have grown up in a slow-time shadow and be 25. Of they could have been born 15 years ago, lived in many fast shadows and be 300. This question is how many years has your PC experienced?)
3) Where has your PC been and what skills have they learned? Example: if they spent 5 years wandering shadow, they have likely picked up the ability to learn languages quickly, find food & shelter, travel in a variety of methods, etc. If they spent 20 years in the Army somewhere, odds are that they are experienced with command, understand leadership, etc.
4) Equipment: its all in Shadow and but a Walk away. What do you usually tend to carry?
5) What goals does your character have? These goals can range from the complicated (remove rivals to the Throne and seize it) to the simple (search Shadow for the most excellent wine ever produced); they can be personal (gain knowledge and power so that no one can Lord themselves over me) or civic (protect Amber from all enemies, regardless of cost.) Every character wants something; what does yours want?
Please answer the following five Questions (required):
1) What is worse: Murder of a shadow person or maiming of an Amberite?
2) If an object should have been yours, is it stealing to take it from someone else or is it the same as conquest?
3) What is more important to your PC, the welfare of the Realm or your personal ambitions? (Please assume the two are not the same in this case.)
4) From your PCPOV, which is better to have from people: Fear or Love?
5) Does your PC choose to have a lasting relationship that is occasionally bumpy or an exciting affair that is passionate but quickly burns itself out?
Please answer as many of the questions below as you can. [Points will be awarded for answering these. The detail you provide, and the more you answer, will determine your bonus points for PC creation.]
1) Your PC has a recurring dream or nightmare. Please describe it.
2) Play Devil’s Advocate: what about your PC will other PCs dislike? Will this be a bad habit which is a minor annoyance, or will you cause them to hate you and seek your death?
3) You have long been friends with a family out in Shadow. While you were away, someone killed them all. You have tracked the culprit down and hold him prisoner. What do you do and why?
4) Your character is going to be stranded for 100 years in a shadow that reflects earth’s past. What time period would you pick to be stranded in and why?
5) One of your relatives, one you respect but do not fear, has committed the same breach of etiquette in public on several occasions. Each time, this breach has made you appear inferior, a buffoon, or something similar; he has even criticized your performance in front of others. How do you respond?
6) If your PC could ask Dworkin a single question, what would it be? Or, if you could ask some other elder Amberite a question, whom would you ask and what would be the question?
7) How would your PC define revenge: 1) eye for an eye, 2) paid in full with interest, 3) those that thwart me die, or 4) some other alternative? Would revenge be served hot or cold?
8) Your PC can take a vile action that will be completely without consequence. Taking this action makes it much simpler to achieve your goal, but you could also achieve your goal without this action although it would take more time, effort & energy. What would your PC do?
9) Your PC is stuck in shadow for a time, while waiting for some plans to come to fruition. You are bored and desire some companionship, but you know if you go out your subconscious is likely to affect who you find, and you want to try something new & unique. A mundane solution presents itself: a personal ad. Please write your PCs personal ad for the classified section.
10) Your PC has spent many months working towards a goal. At the last minute, with success not assured, you are offered assistance from an elder family member. You are fairly certain this family member could assure your success as this falls within their area of greatest strength. Would you accept the help? Would you accept the help if their area of greatest strength was also your own?
11) What is your character’s favorite food? Drink? What food does the character hate?
12) What was your characters favorite bedtime story or myth as a child?
13) The character’s first, or most memorable, love affair. Can be anything from a pre-teen crush, to a long-term romance. Be sure to describe the object of your character’s affection, along with the changes that your character went through in terms of feeling and thoughts about that person. Did it start out as a maddening hatred? Instant love? Who fell for who first? Was love a surprise? How did it all end? How does everyone, including you, your lover, rivals, parents, friends, observers, feel about it now? Your character gets into a discussion about death and dying. How would your character describe the perfect death?
14) What was your character like at the age of ten? Was your character a wimp, a bully, a nerd, a snitch, or a klutz? Popular or not? How did he or she get along with siblings and parents and extended family?
15) Did your character ever have a pet? What kind of pet? Where is it now, or what happened to it?
16) How do you think your character’s father would describe your character? And how would that description differ from the description given by your character’s mother?
17) Describe your character’s perfect “date.” What events would it involve? With a group, or just one-on-one?
18) Describe your character’s personal bedroom, suite or home. Where is it located? Describe the contents and the various rooms. What is the style of the furniture? Does your character have other residences? What are they like? Describe your character’s favorite reading spot, and their favorite chair.
19) How would your character describe his or her perfect mate/spouse? Do you, the player, agree? How is your character mistaken? Overly idealistic? Or is your character looking for all the wrong things?
20) If your character were to suddenly, for whatever reason, be plunged into present-day earth, how would your character most likely live? What profession would he or she pursue? Describe the probable life style (vagabond, soccer mom, yuppie, bohemian artist, socialite, etc.) of the character.
21) Strange as it seems, your character finds himself in need of the service of a hunter-killer beast from the realm of Chaos. Since it can take any form he requests, and, in this case, it will be something of a calling card, how would he like it to look? Are there any practical powers, attributes, or qualities that such a thing should have?
22) What emotions can your character express in public? Sorrow? Anger? Sadness? Humor? Disappointment? Joy?
23) Everybody has some little item that they regard as somehow sacred. A piece of clothing, a memento of some event, whatever. What is your character’s sacred item? Tell the story of how your character found it, or why it came to be important.
24) Your character is the butt of a practical joke. Could your character see the humor in it? Would your character get even? Does getting even mean staging another practical joke?
25) The character’s first battle, first hunt, or first killing of another person. Try to make it as vivid as possible, including the character’s age, training and inexperience, plus details on the surroundings (weather, terrain, uniforms or clothing of self and others).